Monday, May 23, 2011

One Ticket for Adorable-Class, Please

The things I have to research can lead to some disturbing Google Images, but sometimes I luck out and come across much more pleasant search results.

Recently my editor asked me to check if it was accurate to have a mouse described in the story as "the color of sand."

When I did a search on mice in Northern India, these little fellas came up:


Cutest way ever to escape a monsoon.

And you know how Internet searches are--you see one mouse riding a frog, and pretty soon you're clicking on videos of other animal jockeys.

How tired do you have to be to hitch a ride with this guy?





I was surprised to find how many animals had the same idea:









Hard to imagine that would be much fun, or efficient. Unless you're this guy:



Okay, that was fun, but it's time to get back to work. Just as soon as I Google whatever that last animal was riding the tortoise.

4 comments:

  1. Turtleback would be a great way to get around. Do they have to stop at the Shell station?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That would be fun, Miriam. Might be a way for me to travel without getting carsick while reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! Who knew "work" could be so fun?! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete